Saturday, June 9, 2012

Next stop Africa


As most of you probably already know, I am heading to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for the summer! I will be interning with an organization called Leadership Beyond Boundaries. This internship will serve to help me attain several goals…

1          .     To finally see what Africa is all about
2          .     To gain more work experience abroad with a great organization
3          .     To fulfill a requirement I need to finish my Humanitarian Assistance Certificate

My plane leaves tomorrow night at 11:59pm and I will get into Addis on Tuesday morning! Nothing like finishing the Spring Quarter at DU on Saturday morning, celebrating your 5th wedding anniversary for the rest of the day, and then leaving the country the following day. Unfortunately, Amanda will be staying back on this trip. So while I am truly excited for this adventure, it will not be the same without her.

I hope you’ll be able to follow my summer in Ethiopia through the blog! If you have any recommendations of things to do and see while I am there, please send them my way. 

1 comment:

  1. Mike, sorry we weren't able to make it down on Friday, but hope you have a great trip. We look forward to reading about your experiences there.
    -Andy

    ReplyDelete