Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The end is too near

When I arrived to Ethiopia three months ago I knew next to nothing about it. I had focused my studies on the Somalia and how other countries in the Horn of Africa affected the dynamics within it, but I had never taken the time to truly study those countries.

My education about Ethiopia began immediately and continues to this day. I have been so amazed with the people of Ethiopia and their rich history. Whether it be the urban dwellers in Addis Ababa or the people of rural Gambella, all have extended their sincere kindness to me, and there is really nothing I can do to repay them for all that they have done for me.

I have so many stories and experiences that didn’t make this blog, there are many subtleties that I could never explain, etc, etc, etc…

I have been so blessed to have a fair amount of time to say goodbyes to those I have developed friendships with here. The best part about it is that it doesn’t feel like a true goodbye. I am quite confident that I will remain in contact with all of them, hopefully see many of them again, and maybe even help one come to the US. 



mmmm.... kitfo


Me, Rakeb, and Fikerte eating the kitfo


The mysterious Sam Ray


One last trip to Jazzamba


Rakeb & Fikerte enjoying Ethiopian Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment